Graduate Internships: Intervention Tutors (£20.00 an hour)
Cirencester Deer Park School is seeking to recruit a temporary team of intervention tutors to work and learn alongside teachers and pupils for 12 weeks from Monday 4 January 2021 to Thursday 1 April 2021. This will help pupils to recover lost, and staff to introduce new knowledge, strengthen understanding and accelerate pupils’ progress.
Deer Park is specifically looking to recruit graduates in the STEM subjects, English, Humanities, Languages and Computer Science, but central to all of the roles will be the ability to communicate and model transferrable independent learning skills.
The school is aware that the pandemic has had a profound affect on everyone and, in particular, on young people’s learning and life chances at 16, 18 and 22! We do not want any of our pupils within the Corinium Education Trust to be disadvantaged. Deer Park are committed to helping their pupils achieve more than they first think is possible and, therefore, the school plans to invest the government’s catch up funding in these new graduate internships.
We recognise it is hard for many graduates to find employment at the present time and we are therefore offering new graduates the opportunity to join the team at Deer Park as temporary interns. This is a reciprocal proposition:
The school’s pupils will benefit from
- Personalised tuition tailored to our curriculum and their present studies;
- Face to face interventions and bespoke support;
- Working alongside recent graduates, inspirational and positive role models;
- The additional time and attention given to them and their learning;
- Improved learning and life chances, including better grades!
If appointed our interns will benefit from
- Participating in training and becoming a member of our new team;
- Gaining rich and diverse work experience;
- Engaging in purposeful and precisely targeted activities;
- Sharing your specialist knowledge and understanding of how to learn effectively;
- Seeing the impact of your work in the progress pupils you tutor make;
- Working flexibly in school and online for around 25 hours a week;
- Earning £20.00 an hour and securing a reference for future employment;
- Being able to demonstrate the contribution you made in spite of COVID-19!
For more information about these innovative internships in education at Deer Park and how to apply, please go to the Deer Park Vacancies page and read the job description and person specification.
We plan to offer successful applicants two weeks’ training from Monday 7 December 2020 at Cirencester Deer Park School to ensure all of our interns are ready to start in January. Payment for the successful completion of this training will be made in January if applicants return to work for us for the period of the internship.
The deadline for applications is 9.00am Tuesday 24 November 2020 and interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place in the week beginning Monday 30 November 2020.
The Corinium Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding of our pupils, and employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and receipt of satisfactory references.