Vacancy: Headteacher for Siddington Church of England Primary School
Headteacher (L9-L14) for 1 September 2023
We are seeking to appoint an experienced school leader with excellent knowledge and experience of pedagogy and curriculum design to the post of Headteacher who will:
- provide clear leadership, inspire and motivate everyone in the school’s community to be the best they can be every day;
- promote the school’s vision and values and ensure these reflect its Christian distinctiveness;
- help the school continue ahead on its improvement journey by building on the strong foundations that have already been laid;
- develop and further strengthen the teaching team by drawing on research informed practice to ensure the quality of education is ambitious and meets the needs of all learners in the school community;
- evaluate the quality of education effectively and ensure that pupils learn the intended curriculum, know, understand and can do more;
- continue to raise the profile of the school and build positive relationships with pupils, parents and staff;
- share The Corinium Education Trust’s ambition for all of its schools and support our development of a new primary school which will initially be hosted in a new legacy building on Siddington C of E Primary School’s site.
In return, we offer:
- A community of like-minded professionals committed to working collaboratively in the best interests of our pupils and to bring about school improvement. We support and challenge each other;
- The opportunity to be a part of a MAT-wide leadership team and contribute to shaping our future;
- An induction programme for all new staff and support to help you develop as a leader, talent identification and succession planning;
- Cross-phase research and evidence-based continuing professional development;
- Career progression and the opportunity to develop further as a leader in one or more of our schools over time;
- Good governance and a commitment to curriculum-led financial planning.
This is an exciting time to join The Corinium Education Trust. We are an ambitious and growing mixed multi-academy trust committed to improving the learning and life chances of children and young people in Cirencester and the South Cotswolds.
Katie Cook, the current headteacher, would be delighted to show you around the school. Please contact her by email on Head@siddington.gloucs.sch.uk if you would like to do so.
A letter to applicants, recruitment pack which includes a job description, person specification, information about Siddington C of E Primary School and information about the Corinium Education Trust as well as an application form are available from the Siddington C of E Primary School website to give candidates additional information.
To apply for this post, your completed application form and letter covering the points mentioned in the letter to applicants should be returned to Chiquita Henson, Trust Lead (CEO), by email to C.Henson@coriniumeducationtrust.net or in hard copy by post to Chiquita Henson, Trust Lead (CEO), The Corinium Education Trust, Stroud Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1XB.
The deadline for applications is midday on Friday 10 March 2023 and interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place on Thursday 23 March and Friday 24 March 2023.
The Corinium Education Trust is committed to equal opportunities.
The Corinium Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding of our pupils, and employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and receipt of satisfactory references.